This location is considered by many as an excellent community meeting point.
There is also a small BMX track at the end of the park.
Before this area became a park, it was a maze of shunting lines, point crossings, loading banks and railway buildings.
Being designated parkland, the space was named in 1971 after notable Samford resident John Scott, who lived from 1896 to 1983.
Mr Scott was a distinguished Ayrshire dairy-cattle breeder at Camp Mountain; a member of the Brisbane Milk Board for 25-years and a foundation member of the Queensland Dairyman’s Association.
He was also a member of the former Pine Rivers Shire Council from 1961 to 1970.
John Scott Park Features:
- Car park
- Electric BBQ
- Play equipment
- Rubbish bin
- Water fountain